Member Login

Reply To: Public Forum Pilot Rules

Home Forums Coaching Central Public Forum Pilot Rules Reply To: Public Forum Pilot Rules

Participant

(1) How has the additional one minute of Summary speech time affected Public Forum debates?

Rather than rush through the basic arguments, I think the debaters are able to flesh out the rationale and impact of their contentions.

2) How has the additional one minute of prep time affected Public Forum debates?

I’m okay with it, but I can’t tell that it’s made a huge difference.

(3) Have the revised evidence paraphrasing rules caused a substantial change in practice? If so, please describe the positive or negative change.

Yes – I completely agree that any evidence used should have a card to correspond with it.

(4) Has the revised Grand Crossfire language caused a substantial change in practice?

Not especially — but I’m not sure that we have made a point of that rule in our district.
If so, please describe the positive or negative change.

(5) Are you in favor of the 3 min Summary rule being passed as the official PF event rules? (Yes/No) YES

(6) Are you in favor of the 3 min prep time rule being passed as the official PF event rules? (Yes/No) NO