(1) How has the additional one minute of Summary speech time affected Public Forum debates?
First speakers now feel much more engaged and focused in round as they have to pay closer attention. For lay or communication rounds the 1 minute has allowed kids to drop fewer important arguments and spend more time extending warrants. For flow and progressive rounds it has disincentivized 2nd speaking teams from reading new offense in rebuttal and also decreased the amount of lazy dropped argument extending.
(2) How has the additional one minute of prep time affected Public Forum debates?
I think its increased the quality of final focus speeches and also decreased in round stress for debaters. It also has improved evidence comparison debate.
(3) Have the revised evidence paraphrasing rules caused a substantial change in practice? If so, please describe the positive or negative change.
Personally I feel like the rules have increased paraphrasing immensely which has exploded the amount of evidence read in debates. I think this is negative.
(4) Has the revised Grand Crossfire language caused a substantial change in practice? If so, please describe the positive or negative change.
It has not changed anything. Grand cross is still a waste of time that doesn’t help the debate. It needs to be eliminated to offset the additional time added to PF.
(5) Are you in favor of the 3 min Summary rule being passed as the official PF event rules? (Yes/No)
(6) Are you in favor of the 3 min prep time rule being passed as the official PF event rules? (Yes/No)