Website Bay Area Urban Debate League
KEES has been exclusively retained by Bay Area Urban Debate League in its search for an Executive Director.
The Bay Area Urban Debate League (BAUDL) makes competitive debate education available to Bay Area public schools so that all students have the opportunity to reach their full potential as engaged learners, critical thinkers, and capable civic advocates.
Under the leadership of a dedicated and passionate Board of Directors, BAUDL has pioneered high quality programming and scalable models leading to student success.
The Bay Area Debate League is searching for a leader with a strong appreciation and respect for policy debate who is driven to advance enrichment, educational and growth opportunities for young people. The Executive Director must be able to attract and maintain the commitment of educational leaders in order for students and teachers to realize the full benefits of BAUDL’s programs. Through creative leadership and strategic decision-making, the Executive Director will further elevate BAUDL’s reputation as a community leader and champion for debate, youth, achievement, and education. The organization’s success also depends upon this Executive Director’s leadership in ensuring consistent financial support from institutional and individual donors, foundations, and public funds. Candidates who relish the opportunity to advance solid programmatic offerings and secure new funding opportunities will find this role exciting and engaging. Candidates with history in leading small organizations through significant growth are encouraged to apply. The Executive Director must be adept with community partnerships, board relations, staff leadership, fundraising and fiscal management. A flexible, optimistic and proactive outlook is essential.
Some requirements include:
- Passion for BAUDL’s mission and the community it serves, augmented by demonstrated experience, achievement and follow-through in similar programmatic and nonprofit service areas.
- At least 5 years of experience at an organizational leadership level, particularly in a nonprofit organization, educational or related field; at least 2 years managing a team of professionals.
- Experience with and commitment to the communities that BAUDL serves, and working with youth who have experienced educational inequities
- Track record in developing and executing strategies to successfully increase revenue and diversify funding sources.
- Successful history in financial management, stewardship, and developing strategies to increase revenue and control costs.
- Accomplished background in building strong external relationships with a variety of constituencies, including partner organizations, staff, volunteers, elected officials, business representatives and other stakeholders.
- Knowledge or experience in best practices working with large urban school systems is preferred, as is experience with middle school, high school or college debate.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required, with relevant advanced training or degree preferred.
Compensation will be determined based on experience and skills. This position offers a competitive salary with Medical and Dental benefits, simple IRA with a 2% yearly contribution from BAUDL and option for paycheck deduction for additional contributions. BAUDL gives a generous three weeks of yearly PTO.
Bay Area Urban Debate League is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, breastfeeding or related medical condition, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal law.
For Additional Information and TO APPLY, PLEASE CLICK HERE: https://bit.ly/BAUDL_Executive-Director
To assure confidential tracking of all applicants, no applications will be accepted via email. ALL INQUIRIES WILL BE HELD IN STRICT CONFIDENCE.
KEES (formerly Alford Executive Search) is a nonprofit executive search firm that builds diverse teams and dynamic leaders in the nonprofit and public entity sectors. A woman owned and operated firm, KEES offers a full array of nonprofit consulting services including executive search, leadership development, interim staffing, and HR support. For more information, please visit www.kees2success.com.
The Bay Area Urban Debate League (BAUDL) serves approximately 200 students annually who attend resource challenged high schools and middle schools in Oakland, San Francisco, Richmond, and Emeryville. BAUDL helps grow debate programs by working with teacher-coaches to develop a curriculum for their classes and after school practices. BAUDL facilitates student participation in debate competition by annually hosting 10 local debate tournaments for all BAUDL students and supporting a select group of the most committed students to travel across the country to national debate tournaments.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.