Website Delbarton School
Delbarton School – Assistant Debate Coach
Delbarton School seeks a part-time coach to serve as Assistant Public Forum Coach beginning in the 2021-22 school year.
Recognized locally and nationally for its success in Public Forum Debate and Extemporaneous Speaking, Delbarton’s speech and debate team competes in Public Forum, Congressional Debate, and all speech events on an extensive schedule that includes local, regional, and national tournaments.
Delbarton’s administration is strongly supportive of a nationally-competitive forensics program. The program is fully funded by the school operating budget, and no fundraising is needed for program needs.
Qualified candidates must have experience coaching and/or competing in Public Forum Debate on the national circuit; a commitment to Delbarton’s mission as an independent Benedictine Roman Catholic school for young men; strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
Candidates who prefer to coaching remotely are more than welcome to apply!
The Assistant Debate Coach responsibilities at Delbarton include:
- Assisting in the tournament and practice logistics of the speech and debate team including tournament entries and team meetings.
- Supervising students at local, regional, national tournaments, practices, and pre-season workshops (remotely and/or in-person).
- Scheduling and directing on average two practices per week, hosting additional optional practices before major tournaments (i.e., Yale, TOC, NSDAs).
- Conducting topic analyses, novice/JV skill lesson plans, cutting & editing cases, running drills, answering team questions, and managing practices of the Public Forum Debate team.
- Helping organize 1-2 tournaments per year that are hosted at Delbarton School
- Working with the Assistant Director & Director to oversee the recruiting and hiring of additional judges for tournaments.
Compensation: Scaled according to Public Forum Debate teaching/coaching experience as well as if the candidate plans to work remotely or in-person.
All applicants must submit a current resume or CV, and complete the Delbarton School Employment Application prior to an on-campus visit and interview.
Disclaimer: The above describes the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals hired into this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required. Delbarton reserves the right to change any or all content of this job description based on business needs. The incumbent, if applicable, will be notified of any changes before they become effective. Delbarton School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com