Full-Time Social Studies Position w/ Debate Coach Opportunity
Social Studies Teacher
Holy Ghost Prep, an all-boys, college preparatory school in Bensalem, PA for grades 9th through 12th, seeks a full-time Social Studies teacher and Forensics coach to begin August 23, 2021. This full-time position involves teaching students at all levels of social studies. Teachers are required to teach five classes in a collaborative environment with highly motivated students and an experienced faculty. In addition, a faculty member is expected to assume community responsibilities.
Ideal candidates will possess:
- Bachelors’ degree required
- Master’s degree preferred
- PA Teacher Certification and/or prior secondary school teaching experience desirable
- AP Psychology teacher desirable
- Forensics (Speech and Debate) coaching ability and experience desirable
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of a broad base of historical content and analytical skills
- Solid understanding of strategies to teach, assess, and promote effective upper level critical thinking/analytical skills to adolescent male learners
- Strong classroom management skills, effective communication, interpersonal skills, and organizational skills
- Understanding and flexibility to connect with the adolescent male learner
- Ability to confer with parents and students in a cooperative effort to understand and encourage progress
- Understanding and appreciation of the mission of Holy Ghost Prep and a willingness to promote Spiritan values
- Highest level of ethical and professional behavior and standards, acting as a role model for students
Holy Ghost Prep seeks staff members who bring diverse skills and knowledge, a willingness to learn new things, and an appreciation for collaboration with students. At HGP, all staff members are active community members who share in the general support and care of the school community and participate in community service and overnight trips among other activities.
Holy Ghost Prep is an equal opportunity employer. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and references to Mrs. Pat Esposito, Assistant to the Principal, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com