Website Honor Academy
Honor Academy is an after school education provider that specializes in competitive debate and speech coaching as well as academic tutoring. Honor Academy is looking to hire speech and/or debate coaches that can teach in-person at our physical learning center in Cerritos, CA and possibly online, as well. Temperature checks and masks will be mandated in our indoor class rooms until further notice, and our class sizes are small from one student to six students per class.
We are looking for perspectives coaches that can teach any of the following subjects but not limited to:
– Lincoln Douglas Debate (Grades 7-12)
– Public Forum Debate (Grades 6-12)
– Beginner Debate & Speech/Public Speaking (Grades 4-8)
– Competitive Speech (I.E.) (Grades 6-12) – Immediate opening for at least 4 hours a week (Online classes)
*All the full-time positions have been filled, so we are accepting resumes for part-time positions only.
These position(s) would be great for ex-competitors looking to start off or develop themselves as a coach and teacher, as well as experienced coaches. Our speech and debate program is robust and all of our current speech and debate coaches have been with Honor Academy for multiple years.
– Experience as a speech and/or debate competitor and/or coach
– Willingness to work collaboratively with other speech and/or debate teachers
– Coordinate curriculum with manager/director
– Part-time, hourly at 20-40 per hour, and additional pay for possible weekend competition commitments. Full-time opportunities will be discussed during the interview (Zoom or in-person)
-Employee benefits (dental, Vision (for full-time), Simple IRA, etc). The dental and vision will be for those who meet our working criteria (30 hours per week or more).
Interested candidates should submit a resume and make sure to add your speech and debate experience in detail.
Please email us at email@example.com (cc: firstname.lastname@example.org)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com