Website Monta Vista High School & Monta Vista Speech Boosters
Monta Vista High School is seeking to hire Assistant Speech Coaches for the 2022 – 2023 school year with a start date of August 2022. The coach will report to the Head Speech Coach and collaborate with other assistant coaches and student captains to coach and build a strong forensics program.
Monta Vista High School Speech currently has 110 active students, 25 of those are speech captains. The speech team competes at over 16 local tournaments and invitationals including ToC and States. You can also check out what the team is up to at: mvsd.team
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Each assistant coach will be responsible to teach and coach students for a specific “branch” of speech: Original, Interpretation, Impromptu, or Extemporaneous. The team currently has openings for all coach positions.
- Attend weekly evening practices at MVHS to teach and coach students (total of 3 hrs/wk, for 26-30 weeks per school year) Practice is Tues 6-9pm
- Replying to student’s emails and offering remote assistance on pieces throughout the week (~2 hours / week)
- This is a part-time opportunity with an approximate total time commitment of ~5 hrs/wk
- Must be legal age of 21 at time of hire
- TB tested and fingerprinted required
For more information on the job description, please see the doc here.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org