Website National Speech & Debate Association
The Online Speech and Debate Coordinator supports the execution of the NSDA Springboard Series by planning and carrying out online competitions as outlined in the Julia Burke Foundation grant. This position’s primary focus is on planning, marketing, executing, and reporting on the Springboard Series monthly tournaments and capstone tournaments.
The Coordinator maintains an extensive knowledge of all aspects of the Springboard Series in order to actively support the growth of this program.
The National Speech & Debate Association is committed to modeling and fostering diversity, equity, and inclusion for all speech and debate communities. The Online Speech and Debate Coordinator will work conscientiously to model and foster an inclusive and equitable speech and debate experience for all.
The Online Speech and Debate Coordinator reports to the Competition Manager.
Location: Remote or West Des Moines, IA.
Schedule: Monday – Friday, including at least four evenings per month, to provide tournament support, plus infrequent, predetermined weekend support.
Please note: This is a grant-funded position for the 2021-2022 and 2022-2023 school years, ideally starting in July-August 2021.
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Plans and executes four evening tournaments per month September through March and two weekend capstone tournaments in December and April according to grant requirements.
- Creates and implements strategies to promote Springboard tournament opportunities to eligible schools and students.
- Provides phone and email customer service regarding tournament details, Tabroom.com registration, and NSDA Campus services during the tournaments.
- Coordinates staffing for tournament officials, ombudsperson office, and equity office, topics, and judging for Springboard tournaments.
- Prepares and updates detailed financial, programmatic, and evaluation reports on all aspects of the Springboard Series.
- Assists with creation of competition-related resources to support students, judges, and coaches participating in competition events held in the Springboard Series.
- Helps plan and carry out logistics for the NSDA district tournament series and National Speech and Debate Tournament as needed.
- Proven skills and success in project management.
- Familiarity and/or experience with speech and debate activities (see preferred requirements for specifics).
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including at least four evenings per month and occasional weekends, to provide tournament support.
- Strong communication skills and a customer-centric attitude.
- Demonstrated event planning and facilitation skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, writing, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks, successfully manage multiple priorities simultaneously, meet deadlines, and deal with change.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Willingness to travel.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree
- Practical experience with the National Speech & Debate Association as a coach or educator.
- Experience using Tabroom.com and NSDA Campus.
- Experience planning and managing events that serve multiple communities, accounting for cultural differences between participants.
- Experience hosting and/or running speech and debate tournaments.
- Experience developing or running grant programs.
- Familiarity with using and managing online platforms such as ZenDesk, WordPress, Zoom, Jitsi, Google docs, and Asana.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Pay: $45,000.00 – $48,000.00 per year
Employee assistance program
Flexible spending account
Paid time off
Professional development assistance
8 hour shift
Employees working in the West Des Moines office must wear masks if not vaccinated.
speech and debate: 2 years (Preferred)
project management: 2 years (Preferred)
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.