Website NSDA China
NSDA China speech and debate coaches are key members of the Academic Department. Based in Shanghai and reporting directly to the Academic Director. NSDA China speech and debate coaches are responsible for teaching classes both off and online. The two main events NSDA China competitions have are Public Forum Debate and Original Oratory. NSDA China partners with schools around China to provide classes and help build speech and debate programs from the ground up. In addition to teaching classes NSDA China coaches may have opportunities to work with other departments at NSDA China to build and support the league. Speech and debate coaches also represent NSDA China through offline and online training and seminars with teachers, judges, and other coaches. Knowledge of the Chinese language is not a necessity for this position, but strong communication skills in English are a must.
· Teach Speech and/or debate classes based on the needs of NSDA China partners and schools.
· Revise existing curriculum and develop new curriculum to meet the needs of NSDA China courses.
· Create and deliver content to support marketing NSDA China courses, events, and tournaments.
· Give training seminars and lectures to teachers, education professionals and other coaches who are interested in NSDA curriculum and/or tournaments.
· Teach at NSDA China Summer and Winter camps.
The Ideal Candidate
NSDA China is seeking a collaborative and resourceful person to join the Academic Department to help grow and spread speech and debate all over China. The ideal candidate will have several traits and experience that will translate to greater success for the Academic Department:
· Collaboration is a must. The Academic department is involved in many projects that are shared with other departments in NSDA China. The ideal candidate will be able to communicate effectively with team members to ensure the best possible results for projects.
· A member of the Academic Department must be open to travel. NSDA China partners with schools throughout China. NSDA China coaches do not just teach classes at just one school. Travel expenses are reimbursed.
· Strong communication skills are needed in sharing information with staff, making presentations to existing and potential NSDA members, providing training, providing support, and crafting excellent written products.
· Relevant Teaching or coaching experience
· Bachelor’s degree
· Passion for education, speech and/or debate
· Strong presentation skills
Discover an exciting life abroad, receive a great employment package, and join a fun and supportive team.
· Comprehensive benefits package including a generous monthly salary, Chinese holidays, paid vacation, flight reimbursement, contract renewal bonus, and more
· Company relocation support including relocation cost reimbursement, airport pick up, initial hotel stay, and apartment hunting assistance.
· 100% covered employee health insurance
· Sponsored legal Chinese (Z) Work Visa and support obtaining the necessary documents
· Freedom to creatively adapt curriculum to the needs of each class
· Cultural immersion and the chance to meet people from around the world
· Advancement and Professional Development Opportunities
Please send your CV or resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
About NSDA China
The National Speech and Debate Association was created in 1925 to provide recognition and support for students participating in speech and debate activities. NSDA is the world’s largest honor society devoted to speech and debate activities, and bestows numerous awards and recognition to students, coaches, and schools. NSDA envisions a world in which every student has access to membership in the National Speech & Debate Association, providing the educational resources, competitive opportunities, and expertise necessary to foster their communication, collaboration, critical thinking, and creative skills.
NSDA China, as the exclusive NSDA affiliation in mainland China, was created in 2012 in partnership with Dipont Management Group and oversees the “National Speech and Debate” program in China. NSDA China is devoted to promoting and supporting academic speech and debate in mainland China. We host tournaments, organize both domestic and international workshops, support speech and debate programs within schools, as well as organize teams of students to compete in tournaments worldwide. Since its founding in 2012, NSDA China boasts 20,000 individual members. Within the 2020-21 academic year, more than 10,000 students from over 500 international and local high schools in China competed in our speech and debate tournaments.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com