Note: All information is tentative and subject to change. Times are shown in Eastern Time.
Access the full round-by-round competition schedule.
SUNDAY • JUNE 12
Registration will run from throughout the day on Sunday, June 12 for teams beginning competition no Monday. Stop by to pick up your materials and ask any questions! We will limit capacity in rooms as needed to allow for proper air flow and social distancing. Additional events will also take place throughout the day. A variety of Coaches Caucuses will also be scheduled in the future for attendees to network with other coaches and join in important discussion and dialogue about the successes, needs, and challenges of communities.
- 8:30 a.m. NSDA Store and Tournament Expo Open: Visit the NSDA Store to explore speech and debate merchandise and insignia and stop by the Expo to connect with college programs, camps, and more!
- 8:30 a.m. Early Registration Opens (Tournament Officials only, optional)
- 9:00 a.m. Registration Opens
- 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. First Time Coach Reception 1: We encourage any adults new(er) to the in-person National Tournament to attend one of two receptions. National office staff will cover tournament basics, share key information and answer any questions about the tournament or membership generally.
- 10:00 a.m. Tournament Officials Meeting
- 12:00 p.m. Parliamentarian Meeting (mandatory)
- 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. District Leader Reception: District Committee members are invited to join national office staff and Board members for a tournament welcome, distribution of district awards, and social connection.
- 2:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Speech Judge Training (optional)
- 2:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Congress Judge Training (optional)
- 2:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Debate Judge Training (optional)
- 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. World Schools Debate Judge Training (Mandatory for WSD judges)
- 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. New Coach Reception 2: We encourage any adults new(er) to the in-person National Tournament to attend one of two receptions. National office staff will cover tournament basics, share key information and answer any questions about the tournament or membership generally.
- 4:00 p.m. NSDA Store and Tournament Expo close
- 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Late Registration
- 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Hall of Fame Event: Hall of Fame members are invited to a special event at Churchill Downs.
MONDAY • JUNE 13
For most events, competition begins at 9:00 a.m. Be ready to go with your ribbons and masks at 8:15 a.m. to make it to your competition space on time! Preliminary rounds will last into the evening with time set aside for lunch. Lunch will be available for purchase at each competition venue throughout the week.
TUESDAY • JUNE 14
Registration for teams competing in only in-person supplemental events occurs. Preliminary rounds conclude in main events. Elimination rounds for all main events except Big Questions begin Tuesday evening. Re-registration for supplemental events is open on Tabroom.com from 12:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. Eastern Time. All competitors who pre-registered for supplemental events, even if they did not compete in main events, must re-register during this window to confirm their participation. In order to avoid large gathering this year, there will be no traditional student party. Instead, postings will be livestreamed and posted at Tabroom.com on Tuesday evening.
WEDNESDAY • JUNE 15
Elimination rounds continue with all main events and Big Questions moving to duPont Manual HS and Noe MS. In-person supplemental events for re-registered competitors begin on Wednesday morning.
THURSDAY • JUNE 16
Extemp Debate and Supplemental Speech continue. Elimination rounds continue at duPont Manual HS and Noe MS. Watch final rounds in Freedom Hall at the Kentucky Expo Center this evening!
FRIDAY • JUNE 17
- High school main event finals and awards will be socially distanced. Finals begin Thursday June 16 and run throughout the day on Friday, June 17 until the National Awards Assembly in the evening. The venue is sizable and attendance will not be restricted, except that attendees must be registered and have completed the COVID mitigation protocols to attend, and ribbons and masks must be worn for entrance. Finals and awards will be livestreamed as they occur.
- High school in-person supplemental event finals June 17 at the Kentucky Expo Center may be limited to a specific number of guests per finalist. Guests must have completed the COVID mitigation protocols to attend, and ribbons and masks must be worn. Finals will be livestreamed as they occur. Supplemental finalist awards will be distributed at the National Awards Assembly.
- Online Supplemental Events finals, which take place June 2-4, will be aired via the NSDA livestream during the in-person high school tournament the following week. A schedule will be available closer to the event. A virtual awards ceremony recognizing top-placing competitors and schools will be held Saturday, June 4, and winners will also be celebrated as part of the high school awards ceremony June 17.