While Nationals is an amazing, whirlwind, non-stop fun fest, we also know this can be a time of big nerves and sometimes a little anxiety! Keep your mind and body calm and collected with our self care tips!
Be Sure To Pack:
- Lot’s of snacks – a little extra energy for your rounds never hurt anybody!
- A water bottle – keep those gorgeous vocal chords hydrated!
- Chargers – make sure you and your devices have a lots of energy!
- Battery cell – think of it as a little extra snack for your electronics!
- An extra pair of comfy shoes – give your gams a break by switching your shoes during the day!
- Pump Up Playlist & Headphones – bump your favorite hype song or calming tune to keep you focused and centered in between or before rounds!
- Bookmark or Download Your Favorite Meditation – give your mind a rest by taking some time to yourself in your room, hallway or quiet space to practice a little meditation. Trust us, your speech or debate point won’t fall out of your head if you let it go for a little bit!
- Lint roller – just in case your pet sent you to Nationals with a little something to remember them by!
- Extra nylons – you never know when you’re gonna get a run!
- Pen and paper – you simply can’t flow without them!
Take Time To:
- Download our app! Or bookmark our website. Stay up to date with breaking news or room assignments which will put your mind at ease.
- Enjoy this time with your team! Take moments when you can to enjoy the moment and make some memories outside of the competition.
- Take a deep breath! If you’re feeling overwhelmed do a quick breathing exercise or take deep breaths in through the nose and let them out through the mouth.
- Warm up! Get that nervous energy out with a quick vocal or physical warm up with your coach, teammate, parent or your BFF the wall!
- Take a little break to unplug! Take a break from your phone, computer or practice to remind yourself of how cool it is that you’re here and to enjoy it regardless of how you place!
- Be proud of yourself! Whether its your first or fourth time coming to Nationals take some time to pat yourself on the back you brilliant speaker! It’s easy to compare ourselves to others, especially in a competitive setting like Nationals, but take some time to appreciate how much work you put in this year and how proud you should be to compete with the best of the best. We’re so proud of you!