Who We Are
- The NSDA is the largest interscholastic speech and debate organization serving middle school and high school students in the United States.
- The NSDA is the national authority on public speaking and debate.
- The NSDA provides competitive speech and debate activities, high-quality resources, comprehensive training, scholarship opportunities, and advanced recognition to more than 140,000 students and coaches every year.
- The NSDA creates a platform for youth voices to be heard and celebrated, which culminates with an annual National Tournament, the pinnacle of public speaking.
The National Speech & Debate Association connects, supports, and inspires a diverse community committed to empowering students through speech and debate.
Speech and debate improves academic performance and school environments.
Many NSDA members have risen to the pinnacle of their respective fields, including Supreme Court justices Ketanji Brown Jackson and Sonia Sotomayor, media visionaries Tom Llamas and Stephen Colbert, Academy Award winners Jordan Peele and Brad Pitt, and more.
Logo & Graphics
- The NSDA logo should be used by active member schools for activities that support speech and debate, for media promoting speech and debate, NSDA, or a member of NSDA, and for non-commercial purposes only.
- Full logo guidelines available here
National Speech & Debate Tournament
The National Speech & Debate Tournament marks the capstone of speech and debate activities for more than 140,000 members across the country. The student competitors represent the best and brightest young people across the United States and the globe. The tournament is a moving reminder of how the skills students learn in speech and debate empower them to be changemakers, advocates, and future leaders of our world. Email Angela at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, to attend the tournament, or book an interview.