Who We Are
The National Speech & Debate Association was created in 1925 to provide recognition and support for students participating in speech and debate activities. While our organization has evolved over the decades, our mission is more relevant today than ever before. We connect, support, and inspire individuals and schools devoted to giving middle school, high school and collegiate students access to speech and debate. Together, we give youth a voice.
What We Do
The National Speech & Debate Association is the world’s largest honor society devoted to speech and debate activities, and bestows numerous awards and recognition to students, coaches, and schools. We also host the largest academic competition in the world, the National Speech & Debate Tournament. In addition, we provide numerous benefits to our members, such as resources, programs, publications, and scholarships.
- Announcing the 2017-2019 District Committees
- National Speech & Debate Association Announces 2017 Hall of Fame Inductees
- 2017 National Tournament Topics Announced
- Say It Media Develops App to Improve Speech and Debate Fitness
- 2017-2018 Policy Debate Topic Announced
- J. Scott Wunn Joins P21 Executive Board
- EF Hutton Sponsors Scholarship Awards for Speech and Debate
- Top Students Win All American Award
- John Templeton Foundation Grant Creates New National Debate Competition