Who We Are
The National Speech & Debate Association was created in 1925 to provide recognition and support for students participating in speech and debate activities. While our organization has evolved over the decades, our mission is more relevant today than ever before. We connect, support, and inspire a diverse community committed to empowering students through competitive speech and debate.
What We Do
The National Speech & Debate Association is the world’s largest honor society devoted to speech and debate activities, and bestows numerous awards and recognition to students, coaches, and schools. We also host the largest academic competition in the world, the National Speech & Debate Tournament. In addition, we provide numerous benefits to our members, such as resources, programs, publications, and scholarships.
- 2019 Jan PF Topic Announced
- 2019 Jan/Feb LD Topic Announced
- National Speech & Debate Association Announces 2017-2018 Leading Chapter Awards
- 2018 NSDA Board of Directors Election Results
- 2018 National Tournament Topics Announced
- Announcing the 2017-2019 District Committees
- J. Scott Wunn Joins P21 Executive Board
- EF Hutton Sponsors Scholarship Awards for Speech and Debate