Who We Are
The National Speech & Debate Association was created in 1925 to provide recognition and support for students participating in speech and debate activities. While our organization has evolved over the decades, our mission is more relevant today than ever before. We connect, support, and inspire a diverse community committed to empowering students through competitive speech and debate.
What We Do
The National Speech & Debate Association is the world’s largest honor society devoted to speech and debate activities, and bestows numerous awards and recognition to students, coaches, and schools. We also host the largest academic competition in the world, the National Speech & Debate Tournament. In addition, we provide numerous benefits to our members, such as resources, programs, publications, and scholarships.
- NSDA Announces Finalists for 2019 National Educator of the Year
- 2019 Mar PF Topic Announced
- 2019 Mar/Apr LD Topic Announced
- 2019-2020 Policy Debate Topic Announced
- 2019 Feb PF Topic Announced
- National Speech & Debate Association Announces 2017-2018 Leading Chapter Awards
- 2018 NSDA Board of Directors Election Results
- Announcing the 2017-2019 District Committees