Join the Bruno E. Jacob Society for Donors
Bruno E. Jacob Society members are part of a legacy of speech and debate dating back to our founding at Ripon College in 1925. In the many decades since, the National Speech & Debate Association has provided recognition and support for high school and middle school students participating in speech and debate activities. While our organization has evolved over the years, our mission is more relevant today than ever before.
As a Bruno E. Jacob Society member, you’ll receive special benefits like monthly newsletters, listing in the annual report, VIP seating, and exclusive invitations to events. These benefits are just a small token of our appreciation for your support. Of course, the real benefits come in knowing that you are helping young people across the country gain the essential life skills of critical thinking, collaboration, communication, and creativity.
Make a commitment for generations to come
The 1925 Society recognizes the extraordinary commitment of speech and debate coaches, alumni, and supporters who have chosen to remember the National Speech & Debate Association in their will or estate plans. Members of the 1925 Society play an important role in accomplishing the NSDA’s mission of providing speech and debate opportunities to students throughout the country.
Your early support for the 1925 Society will show new coaches, recent alumni, and our other supporters that those who have been most committed to speech and debate in the past are the strongest champions for ensuring its future.
Specific Memorial Funds
- Any donation can be given in memorial or in honor of an individual. The NSDA sends follow up cards.
- In specific philanthropic instances, the NSDA is able to set up memorial funds that restrict the funding to mutually agreed upon areas.
- One of our most known memorial funds is the William Woods Tate, Jr., Fund, often called the Tate Fund. Former President of the NSDA, Billy Tate believed that students who qualified for the National Speech & Debate Tournament should not be denied the experience because of a lack of funds. The Tate Fund is designed to help schools attending the National Speech & Debate Tournament for the first time, as well as schools with demonstrated financial need.
- If you would like to learn more about the Carmendale Fernandes Fund for United States Extemporaneous speaking, the Harold Keller Fund for Congressional Debate, the Lanny & B. J. Naegelin Fund for Dramatic Interpretation, or any of our other funds, contact email@example.com.
- Please note in the comment box of your donation the specific fund you would like to support or if you would like more information about setting up a memorial fund. Please consider choosing “greatest need” to provide speech and debate to as many students as possible. For any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2019-2020 School Year Individual Donors
($5,000 and Up)
Tom and Vicki Rollins
($2,500 – $4,999)
Michael and Linda Langford
In Memory of Joy Robbins and In Honor of Jim Robbins
($1,000 – $2,499)
The Kettles Law Firm
J. Scott and Megan Wunn
Bob and Salli Stockton
($500 – $999)
Peter L. Coffey and Kristine H. Cleary
Michael J. Shapiro
In Memory of Carl Grecco
($250 – $499)
David and Katherine Abel
Ted W. Belch
Susan Sprung and Christopher Keyser
($100 – $249)
In Honor of James M. Copeland
Dr. Kenny and Nancy Barfield
Alden B. Chace
In Memory of Carmendale Fernandes
Robert and Sandra Krueger
Rev. and Mrs. David C. Marx
Cpt. Joseph L. and Jan Pizzo
In Memory of Edwin Kelly
Betty Whitlock and Kathy Owens
In Memory of Doris Compere
($0 – $99)
Doris and Roger Brannan
William and Valerie Koeber
James E. Menchinger
In Memory of Margaret Miller
Ryan L. Nelson
Maria Nubia Serrano
Nicole and Darrel Wanzer-Serrano
The National Speech & Debate Association’s Annual Report reviews changes in the Association over the past year and provides information about its fiscal health.
National Speech & Debate Association
401 Railroad Place
West Des Moines, IA 50265-4730
The National Forensic League’s Federal Tax ID# is 39-0840589.
Certain states require written disclosures for nonprofit organizations soliciting contributions. Individual state disclosures are available here.