Rostrum Interns Application
About the Internship
- Rostrum interns will write at least two (2) articles for Rostrum magazine during the school year. The articles are generally 500 to 1,250 words in length and will consist of student, coach, team, or alumni profiles.
- Rostrum interns will attend periodic meetings online as a group with the NSDA’s Publications Manager to discuss progress on upcoming article assignments.
In order to apply, students must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must have completed at least one journalism, technical writing, advanced English, or comparable course.
- Applicants must currently hold or have previously held a position on their school’s newspaper, yearbook, or publication outside of their school.
- Applicants must submit a 500-word sample profile article about either a fellow teammate or coach. For an example of what we’re looking for, check out these recent student and coach profiles, both written by former Rostrum interns. Applicants are asked to submit a shareable link using Google Docs.
- Applicants must include one letter of recommendation from their speech/debate coach or assistant coach.
If you have any questions about the internship, please contact Vicki Pape at firstname.lastname@example.org.