Coach Emeritus Program
Coach Emeritus Opportunities to Serve
A Coach Emeritus has the option of continuing to serve in any one or more of the following roles:
- Mentor: Weekly commitment to meet (in person or online/via email) at least one hour a week with a new coach per school year.
- Advocate: Commitment to use NSDA advocacy materials and meet with five principals/administrators in the area per school year.
- Developer: Project by project commitment to create curriculum/content for the NSDA based on need and coach strength/interest.
- Coach: Commitment to serve a team as a temporary assistant coach. This option is only available to those retired from their profession.
- Presenter: Commitment to develop and deliver a workshop for the school or district.
- Tournament Official: Commitment to serve with the NSDA district leadership to run the local district tournament.
Benefits of Being a Coach Emeritus
- Subscription to Rostrum magazine
- Access to the Individual Resource Package
- Accumulation of NSDA Service Citation Points:
- 1 Service Citation for volunteering to judge at a tournament
- 1 Service Citation for mentoring a new coach
- 1 Service Citation for developing new curricular resources
- 1 Service Citation for each workshop led
- 1 Service Citation for NSDA advocacy meetings and recruiting new NSDA programs
- 1 Service Citation for serving as an NSDA tournament official
- Preferential judging at Districts and Nationals
- Yearly recognition in Rostrum and National Tournament publications
Coach Emeritus candidates may register using this online form. Our staff will follow-up to learn more about your strengths and interests, then connect you to the right person you can serve!
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.