District Leader Quick Guide
We hope these resources serve as a one-stop shop for what you need to help grow speech and debate in your area, communicate with the coaches in your district, and run a successful district tournament.
Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have.
All About Districts Videos
Running a district tournament can be a daunting task. Luckily, the National Speech & Debate Association is here to make sure your tournament runs as smoothly as possible! In this new collection of videos, we introduce the district tournament series, take viewers behind the scenes, and answer frequently asked questions about eligibility, requirements, and more. Watch the videos »
District Leader Training
Coming Fall of 2019!
Important Registration Reminders
Be sure to register your district tournament on Tabroom.com, even if you are not using Tabroom.com as your tournament software.
- Any district that runs any portion of the district tournament series between August and December must register their district tournament dates by October 31.
- All other districts must register their district tournament dates by November 30.
Districts and Nationals Prep
- Celebrate the contributions of coaches, administrators, parents, or volunteers to your district by nominating them for a District Leader Commendation Award. (This form closes May 10, 2019.)
- View the District Leadership Election Results for 2019-2021.
- Affirm your leadership role and RSVP to attend the 2019 District Leadership Luncheon and Awards Ceremony. (This form is for leaders who were elected/re-elected to serve in 2019-2021.)
- RSVP to attend the 2019 District Leadership Luncheon and Awards Ceremony. (This form is for leaders who were not re-elected to serve in 2019-2021.)
- If you are highly qualified to judge and would enhance the diversity of our panels, consider completing a diversity profile and nominating yourself to judge late elimination rounds on Tabroom.com. Please encourage the judges you bring to Nationals to do the same! Instructions are available here.
- Submit your district ad for the Tournament Book. (The 2019 form is now closed. Chairs who already requested ad space were allowed to submit final ads to email@example.com by May 1.)
- Report your district award winners for national-level consideration. (The 2019 form is now closed.)