Online Hotel Booking Site
- The National Tournament hotel block opens on February 1, 2024. All coaches must use the online booking site. This allows us to procure the attendee rates we offer. Please do NOT call the hotels directly to book your hotel rooms.
- Schools staying within the NSDA hotel block will receive 15% off main event and supplemental event entry fees. Make sure you select which hotel you’re staying at and add at least one confirmation number for your hotel reservation on the General tab of your school’s Tabroom.com registration in order for the discount to apply.
- Larger teams requiring ten or more rooms should submit a request when the block opens.
- Teams wishing to pay by check should contact the Speech & Debate Housing Bureau (managed by Catch Des Moines) at email@example.com or (800) 451-2625.
- Every hotel requires a credit card on file for incidentals and cancellation fees even if you are paying by check. If you are paying by check, please select “Yes” in the field under “Additional Information” on the “Guest Details” page and someone from the Speech & Debate Housing Bureau will follow up with you.
Transportation is up to each individual program. Parking at the large outdoor lot near the Convention Center is $12/day. There is also metered street parking (free on Sundays) and some city ramps for $10 that are within walking distance.
Venue & Hotel Maps
Delta Meeting Event Code: NM3G7Delta Air Lines is pleased to offer special discounts for National Speech & Debate Association. Book now or call Delta Meeting Network® at 1.800.328.1111* Monday–Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. (EST) and refer to Meeting Event Code NM3G7. *Please note there is not a service fee for reservations booked and ticketed via our reservation 800 number.
Meal and concession options will be available at school locations, and various food options will be available at the Convention Center. More information will be available in the coming months.
Our national office is located in West Des Moines! Check out food recommendations from our local staff.
Things to Do
We encourage teams to maximize their speech and debate experience at the tournament by entering supplementals, checking out outrounds, and attending awards. Check out this guide for ideas of things to do and places to eat while you’re in town!
For security reasons, all attendees must wear identifying ribbons at all times. Ribbons are distributed at registration. There are generic competitor ribbons for students and specific versions for Senators and Representatives in Congress. We’ll get you what you need! Coaches and judges receive badges with their names and choose their ribbons. In addition to Coach and Judge ribbons, there are several other identifying and celebratory ribbons coaches can choose from at in-person registration, like First Time at Nationals, District Leader, and more! All other attendees, including parents, chaperones, siblings, and other observers, are required to wear an Attendee ribbon. Attendees can also choose pronoun buttons (students, attendees) or ribbons (adults) to affix to their clothing. All ribbons pin on; please dress accordingly.
Security and Nursing
The NSDA hires security and a nurse or EMT at all competition venues. Nurse/EMT locations will be posted in each venue.
The Nats24 app is the hub for all urgent tournament communications. The app will be available for download in June. Please make sure you have push notifications enabled on the app.