In order to compete at most tournaments, you must provide a set number of judges based on your student entries to allow the tournament to function. If your team is smaller, maybe that judge can just be you and/or an assistant coach! If you need to bring in judges, here are a few ideas and training materials.
Hiring and Training Judges
Potential Judge Sources
- Parents/family members of current team members
- Local college students, especially if the school has a team
- Hiring through the host tournament
- Contacts from the NSDA Judge Board
NSDA Judge Training Resources
- Cultural Competency Course and Flyers: This course addresses appropriate feedback and how to ensure tournaments are a more equitable environment for students.
- Training videos by event type
- Written overviews and event explanations
- Sample ballots